Week 1A: My Template

Ever since I was a kid I thought to myself, "simplicity of actions; complexity of mind."  Following this maxim, I chose a simple template for my blog.  I think that the dominant social media forums follow a similar idea: "simplicity of layout, complexity of content."  Indeed, I believe that social media forums like Instagram and Snapchat are successful due to their clean, streamlined, yet highly visual layouts. 

In regards to my template, I plan on posting photos and short videos, accompanied by my own writing.  I believe that successful content engages the senses, sight being one of the most important.  Considering this, I look forward to creating simple, yet engaging posts using the simple layout.








Comments

  1. I totally understand what you mean about using a simple layout. When I first clicked on your blog, I was intrigued. It was simple and easy to look at. I did not feel overwhelmed browsing through. I also think the quotes you were a good example of why you used this template.
    Also, the background in your photo is gorgeous. I love the beach, it is always so peaceful going there and watching the sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice template! Totally agree with your thoughts on how social media lays out their forum layouts. Like your approach to how you want your posts to be seen, All the best in this class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity is what makes the layout standout. Your photo is fun and tells a story. I cant wait to see
    and read more:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This template is getting a ton of play it appears. It works really well with the photo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This template is great because how simple it is. Great selection!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Communicating via Socials with Brands

Week 4: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding _ Website Analysis