Week 9: Twitter Reflections

In order to locate new connections on twitter I used the search words "travel" "travel blog" "travel blogger" and "travel media."  I became curious as to how many twitter users were using the angle "gay travel," so I included this in my search terms.  I also decided to search my search terms as tags, using the advanced search option.

Lists
I created two lists: 

1.)  People- many users are interested in what other people are doing, so I thought it'd be nice to have a list of some people who have a successful twitter engagement.  I added some of my favorite twitter finds including @codyko and @nomadicboys.

2.) Organizations- this is the other side of twitter, and important to travel media.  Organizations such as @couchsurfing @lonelyplanet and @nytimestravel do a good job at offering variety in the realm of travel. 

By creating these lists I can focus on what individuals are doing versus organizations, which inherently offer more variety.

As far as when my posts receive the most attention, this is difficult to quantify, as I'm new to using twitter (at least attempting to use it consistently).  I imagine the metrics will offer some good insight into my posts, though for now I will post when inspiration strikes, at least a few times a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1A: My Template

Week 3: Communicating via Socials with Brands

Week 4: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding _ Website Analysis